Tuesday 2 November 2010

Knitting and blogging..

Not surprisingly my blog-interest died after a couple posts.. it usually does when I try to narrow it down to one subject.. so now this is about me, myself and I! Enjoy my buffet ;)
About the name Pingevin, it's a screen-name I've used once in awhile when my other, more popular, user name has been taken already. It comes from the word penguin which is pingvin in Swedish, add an e and there you have it, a whole new name just for ME! :) And penguins because I've always loved penguins :) I have some old children´s  books about penguins and then I have a big inflatable penguin! I know I've had it at least since I was 6 years old.. so my love is quite old too :)

Knitting now, that's something newer.. I actually learned to knit two years ago, but then I only knitted a scarf and a baby-cap that never even got assembled.. but this autumn I started again and boy am I hooked! So far I've knitted one pair of baby socks (without heels), one pair of socks for me, a cap that became a beret and two pairs of wrist warmers :) all these without real patterns.. just ideas picked up here and there.. oh yes, I forgot, my toe-up sock! Only knitted one of it, not even going to do another.. just wanted to try the method :) but that way I got to know about short row heels, got to be the best heels there are!
Pics coming in a minute.. most are already uploaded to ravelry.com but I'll post them here too :)
except for those things that are going to be Christmas presents! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment