Sunday 26 December 2010

Paper flying!

Literally! I've been folding, cutting, gluing and what not! :) There's so much fun out there to do and try out and learn :) I just finished a ball of stars/flowers using my lovely coloured origami paper and a tutorial I found on metacafe :)
Crappy quality as the battery in my camera died and I had to photo it with my laptops inbuilt camera..

In the video they use a stapler instead of glue, luckily I was out of staples so I had to use glue (no visible staples to disturb the eye) :D
I also found a video of a guy who made houses out of one paper just by cutting! First round it looked just amazing, now I'm starting to get ready to try for myself :P But I think that will have to be tomorrows project.. :) Making the flower ball above isn't very hard, but it does take some time to fold, cut and then glue 12 pieces together.. :) especially when I started out trying to make one of 6-pointed flowers instead of 5-pointed.. Snowflakes has given me a fascination with 'multiples of 6'-pointed things.. instead of the usual multiples of 4 or 5.. folding paper easily gives you the ones of 4 and I guess 5 is just from the basic 5-pointed stars and flowers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment