Tuesday 28 December 2010

Crafting with company

might look like this:
I was going to continue on the flower-ball I had started in the morning and Tufs (the bigger one) decided she wanted to help! well, sleep would be a better word.. ;) Trollis was already lying on that white-gray cloth by the window but when big sister came and flopped down on all my papers she wanted to do that too! Yey! ;) Luckily I didn't need anything that was under the cats nor very much space on the table.. and as the next pic will show you I managed to finish two small flower-balls :)

Perfect size for my Christmas tree :) I did some creative work with a marker, just to see how it would look :) I like the one on the left more, it has just got an orange border.. the red one might be better with just the middle piece red, I'll try that on a later one :P This is a really fun crafting, as it's mostly just fold, fold, cut, cut, glue, glue.. as I've said before it takes time, but it turns out really nice too :) and can of course be varied in a thousand different ways.. how about inserting small led-lamps in the middle of each flower.. :) I tried taking a pic with one flower-ball on each cat but Trollis woke up when I placed one on her so I had to change plans and use Tufs as base ;)
Looks nice, doesn't it? :)
I'm still debating with myself whether to do a round ball out of paper stripes today or some other day.. :) There's an instruction in one of my Christmas craft books how to do it, but they use just rectangular strips and I think they should be tapering.. so I need to find out if my idea looks better :) and also if it's possible to overlap them in a certain way, don't know how to describe my thoughts there.. ah well, you'll see when I've made one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment