Sunday 26 December 2010

Chocolate and stomach flu..

You're right, they don't go together.. which sometimes can be a really good thing! :) The stomach flu of course made a pause in my chocolate eating, and that was exactly what I needed but couldn't make myself to do. So for once I've gone a Christmas without gorging myself with chocolate! On Christmas eve I didn't even gorge myself on food, still having a feeling I want to be just a little bit careful with my stomach.. Although today I've eaten almost normally, just had some lovely potatoes and meat that wasn't Christmassy in any way! Apparently the gorging on Christmas foods I've done over the years is enough to make me feel like it's a blessing to eat "normal" food again ;)
This year I've had a lot of thoughts about Christmas and traditions.. I'm not sure I want to follow all of the ones from my childhood but I'm definitely not sure which ones to change or let go of. And as long as I spend Christmas eve with my parents that will probably be quite traditional anyway. I don't do almost any of the Christmas food just for me, Christmas baking on the other hand.. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment