Tuesday 7 December 2010

It keeps on snowing..

And I started cutting out snowflakes ;) I just have to buy some thinner paper, normal printer paper is a bit tick.. as it needs to be folded so many times. Being the way I am, of course I make my snowflakes 6-sided, as natural snowflakes are :) or at least multiples of 6.. I found some nice snowflakes in an e-mail from Habitat and that got me started.
They do look like they were cut out of paper don't they? :) I've cut snowflakes most winters, but when I was a kid I did like everyone else and cut them with 4 sides/points.. but after reading this book:
The Snowflake, Winter's Secret Beauty by Kenneth Libbrecht and Patricia Rasmussen
I can't go back :) my snowflake-virginity is lost ;) but it was worth it, that book is awesome! Soo gorgeous pictures and a lot of facts about snow and snowflakes too :)

But yes, it's snowing here again, it snowed most of yesterday and the day before.. and we had quite enough snow before that :) yesterday I had to dig to get my car into the parking space! Today I moved it to a space that was already cleared.. :) luckily they seem to be quite active with their snow-ploughs here :)

No comments:

Post a Comment