Sunday 26 December 2010

aaaand Christmas continues.. :)

Luckily today is a day for relaxing and not doing anything more than I have to.. :) I slept until 12 and then I slowly got up and had breakfast and dressed and so.. then I've been reading and looking through some craft-books I got for Christmas :) which finally got my inspiration level so high that I had to get off the couch and do some crafting! ;) It's especially a book about plaited hearts/ornaments that gets my inspiration soaring ;) plaited hearts is an old Nordic Christmas tradition, originally from Germany I believe. Although I think it has lost it's footing in Germany and mostly exists in the Scandinavian countries with a small foothold in Finland too (well, at least I still do them :P)
The book I got for Christmas and the four first tries :) The one on the top is supposed to be a butterfly ;) and the two green-purple ones are just playing with perceptions :) I think the heart within a heart turned out quite well! :)
 We made these hearts when I was a kid and my parents has some old ones left that they made for their first Christmas together :) but those are ones with just the regular plaiting :)

I took some pics of my tree today too, but the only thing showing is the lights in it.. I need to hang more stuff on it so that it will show! :P
Another of the books I got had a cut out bird, just an easy peasy thing but it looked very nice :) I've been thinking of cutting similar birds of nice papers for my tree, some light-coloured paper that will show up against the dark tree :) It's such a lovely Christmas tree this year, just so dense that everything get's lost in it :P
Christmas it is :D

No comments:

Post a Comment