Monday 13 December 2010

A good monday :)

Although it was a bit slow in the morning.. I had problems getting myself out of bed.. :)
But then I got a lot of things done! Some Christmas gifts and Christmas cards mailed, walked to the post office, store and library :) Then I glued my gingerbread houses :) pictures of that coming tomorrow or sometime.. ;) Aaaand then! I started to knit cables! I've never done it before but of course I wanted to try :) I still have one knitted Christmas gift unstarted and I've been thinking of using cables on it.. but for that I'd have to learn how to do it first :) I've thought knitting cables would be one of the hardest things to do but it turned out to be quite easy :) not fast, a lot to keep track of, but not really so hard :) Especially a lot to keep track of the way I did it, just look at the picture ;)
Crisscrossing here, there and everywhere ;)
I had a glove with a similar, but neater and clearer, pattern in mind when I did this.. :) I think I'll do one more training piece before starting on the "real" one :) I want to try it exactly as I want to do it :)

Otherwise today has just been cold, cold and cold! Although I got lucky when I was out and saw the sun and blue sky! I was so happy walking home, I walked quite slowly and just looked at all the wintery beauty around me :)

Tomorrow it's time to decorate the gingerbread house(s)! At least the one mom and I made, uhm, mom made.. Then I also have three small ones of my own but I'm not sure if I'm going to decorate them tomorrow or the day after.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment